Burnley’s of Gomersal
This booklet was produced in 1952 to mark Thomas Burnley and Sons’ 200th anniversary
The site of this mill was in Gomersal, West Yorkshire and in 1996 was sold for housing. This 23 acre site is now all developed as housing and the only sign of its glorious past is one street named ‘Burnley’s Mill Road’.
Nelroyd Mills was also demolished for a housing development named ‘Weavers Croft’ at Marsh in Cleckheaton. Strange choice opf name as the mill was never a weaving shed but a spinning mill attacked in the past by Luddites.
The only remaining building mentioned in the booklet is Pollard Hall. Still standing and now used as appartments.